Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > may i have your attention?
may i have your attention?

2350 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2019-08-06 08:32:00

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    reyalve
    2017-03-04 21:30:56
      Well all learn from mistakes: i bought an used ds708 and now what? why are u saying that it is available updates till december 2017? why you dont help me  as new owner of this item? sn:DS011Q001780 Rp:773488

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-06 04:25:55 (Reply to:reyalve)

If it ain't broke don't fix it, the older software before 2015 before changing to generic logos is probably  the most functional software it ever had . just turn off the connection to  WIFI  network so it doesn't mysteriously stop working on you. Buy a MS905 to get the newer car coverage unless support comes on here and tells us that there definitely will be a lot more added DS708 new car coverage updates for major car makes, and if something goes wrong on the final updates for it, they will fix things for free, even if it takes supporting software well into 2018 to make it right

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Dtech494

2017-06-07 13:18:26 (Reply to:witsend)

Support has said that as of "Jan 2017 they will not sell updates from their website. They have removed the update option."
    To make it more confusing they also said that they will continue supporting software until 2018 or 2020.
    But as you likely know when your software subscription expires so does your support.

Obviously turn off wifi and do not update.
    Back up your SD card. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall and you've got what you have.
    If you have problems the unit is history.

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    CHRIS

2017-06-11 22:29:47 (Reply to:Dtech494)

Obviously turn off wifi and do not update.!!!!
    Back up your SD card. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall and you've got what you have.
    If you have problems the unit is history.

Any way to retrieve old files ??? DO NOT UPDATE it will render 708 useless

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    EMD

2019-08-01 09:20:55

It shame for the device to become unusable once the subscription period has expired.
    There is supposed to be a basic release that the device will continue to operate, and there should also be an option to reset the factory when needed.
    It is inconceivable that a  500 $ device becomes unusable once the SD card is lost or corrupted!
    There also should be a low subscription cost for those who have old units to get old basic software, and get it in use.
    For mine sd708 the subscription is 450 $ UNBELIEVABLE
    Monetary thinking!

Autel is losing customers, I'm one of them.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-08-06 08:32:00

DS708  is one of first and best autel tool which was with OE level software but, after they had problems with the trade mark they had to down grade the tool so, if your tool is still with old software my advice would be to not to update just do the back up as advised by all other members..........

And look for any other new tool for new cars........
  Total1 Pages